Wednesday, March 3, 2010

At least she's quiet...

When I put Ivy down for her nap this afternoon, she asked-

"Can I sleep on the floor, Mommy?"
"Sure, just as long as you sleep"

I put her pillow on the floor, covered her up with her blanket and left thinking that she would fall asleep soon- she'd been up since 7!
A half hour later, I hear her screaming. She always screams- she's a girl- but she's in her room so I'd better check.

Me: "Why are you screaming?"
Ivy: "I want my dress off and my Strawberry Cakes on!"

Her Strawberry Cakes is a t-shirt that has Strawberry Shortcake on it. I think it's a youth size- my sister brought it for her. She LOVES to sleep in it.


I finally convinced her that she didn't need to wear her pjs to nap- and put her "Strawberry Cakes" on over her dress.

Only then did I see what she'd been up too...

Me: "What are you doing? Why did you line up your books?"
Ivy: "I'm making you some strawberries"
Me: *smiles* "Ahh" (not answering my question!)

While she "made" me strawberries, I just thought and smiled...

at least she's mostly quiet.
Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

Don't you love that?! Sometimes I find myself thinking " I know you're tired. Why won't you sleep?!"
But at least their cute!
How's the little babe doing?

Ben said...

She probably wants you to read all those books to her, in order, at story time.

Stacey Jensen said...

What a sweetheart. I love that you have the same type of kiddo we all do. She is sure a doll.

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

how cute! what a cute little doll. we have a lot of those same books, by the way. too bad we don't live closer so our girls could play together...

Michelle- A look at our lovely life said...

First of all, Ivy is so pretty! Second, she is so cute and funny. What a joy kids are. I love them to pieces!

.·:*¨¨*:·.Hep*Hep*Hooray said...

ok, i totally didn't realize you named your son Dean. thats one of the twins' middle name :) and it's matt's brothers and his son's middle name and my father in laws middle name and my grandfather in laws first name :) definitely a family name for us ;) good choice!

Lydia Story said...

How cute! I have to agree, at least she was being good and quiet! I love that she lined all of the Dr. Seuss books up. Sounds like something my Sarah would do.