My mother is a semi-professional cake decorator. She's been making all of my families birthday cakes for as long as I can remember. Now that I'm all grown up I've begun to realize what a wonderful thing this was. As a youth my mother tried to teach me but of course I was fairly uninterested. Now, with my own daughter I've realized what a wonderful skill this is. So, with my birthday money I called my mother and got all the details about what I would need to make cakes and bought it!
Ivy's birthday is my first experience at making a special cake. It's such a satisfying experience to be able to create something. As Ivy is our little "bug" the cake fit perfectly. Thanks to all the people online who posted pics of their lady bug cakes, so I could get the idea! Here's me at four in the morning after I finished Ivy's cake. I'm probably so happy because of all of the frosting I sampled!

Ivy's birthday is my first experience at making a special cake. It's such a satisfying experience to be able to create something. As Ivy is our little "bug" the cake fit perfectly. Thanks to all the people online who posted pics of their lady bug cakes, so I could get the idea! Here's me at four in the morning after I finished Ivy's cake. I'm probably so happy because of all of the frosting I sampled!

2 comments:
Ronnie, that cake is amazing. It looks like a specialty bakery made it. I too have been working with cake decorating. I just did my first cake for Jake's b-day but it didn't look as pro as yours but practice makes perfect. I have one week before Jared's 1st b-day so I have some work cut out for me. Ivy is beautiful. Oh, and what is Condo camping? It's great to keep in touch this way.
Love the cake! And I want a piece ;)
Post a Comment