
My return trip to California was the most interesting trip of my life. I went to California a few days before Phil did and returned after him. My father-in-law works for Frontier Airlines, so I flew on standby. We calculated the best days and times and that's what I planned on.
I was due to leave California on Wednesday. I checked with the ticket agent who said the flight was full but I should be able to get on. I waited and to my disappointment the only seat available was in the exit row... which I can't use because of Ivy. I would be delayed until Thursday morning. Unfortunately my bags did make it on the flight!

Thursday morning in Denver welcomed a huge blanket of snow. My flight from Sacramento was delayed for 1 hour, and then we missed our flight from Denver to the Springs. Unfortunately the roads were also a mess as I learned that it would take Phil five hours to drive a normal one hour drive. Ivy and I hung out in the Denver airport for 3 hours till we got on our plane. Because of the nasty conditions, we were on that plane for 2 hours as it had to be deiced. Needless to say I was supposed to be home Wednesday at 7 but didn't make it til Thursday at 9. Poor Ivy wasn't able to sleep, so here we are in the Denver airport where she finally got comfortable snuggled up on my leg!
No comments:
Post a Comment