I'm a freebieholic. I love freebies. In fact, check out this website.. http://freesampleforager.com/
I get freebies there all the time- deodorant, shampoo, diapers, lotion, crackers, a whole box of granola... They update it a lot, so you just have to keep your eye on it.
I digress... This morning Denny's offered a free breakfast. Being the freebie lover, I decided to make a trip of it. At first I thought Phil and I could go at 6, so that he could be there by 7, but he thought I was crazy. So I woke this morning, got dressed and got Ivy in her stroller. I looked on our GPS for Denny's and memorized how to get there. I figured I'd make a morning of this, Ivy needed new diapers so we'd stop at Wal-Mart on our way back. With my iPod on we strolled past the mall down to where Denny's is... or so I thought. No... it was IHOP. I walked up and down the street until I remembered it was by the freeway. When I got there, I had to wait in line for a half an hour to find out that it was an hour wait to even eat breakfast. So I picked up three rain checks and headed to McDonalds. Ivy and I ate some fries, went to Wal-Mart for diapers and to the play area at the mall.
Phil thinks my infatuation with freebies is funny. Was the Denny's breakfast really free? I guess as a stay at home mommy I have more time than money maybe? Maybe it's just the rush of knowing I don't have to pay for it!
5 comments:
hehehe, I agree! I, too, am addicted to freebies. When I got your email about a free Denny's breakfast, I didn't care that most items in the breakfast were meat-- all I cared about was that it was FREE meat! :) Glad you made a morning adventure out of it!
Yeah, I read about the free Denny's meal in the paper this morning, and I was genuinely disgruntled that I had missed out on a free meal. I won't tell my husband, he'll be sad too. Thanks for the awesome website heads up. Another good one is bradsdeals.com. It has loads of coupons to retail stores, like Penneys.
I'm sorry that your free breakfast experience wasn't as good as ours. I was suprised at how smoothly it went. The hardest part was finding a parking space. We only had to wait 5 minutes to be seated and then maybe 15 to get our breakfast and it was so good. We wonder how many grand slams they gave away that day.
Thanks for the website! I am gonna go get me some freebies. You are a good writer--I really enjoy reading your blog.
Hey you can't really ever get enough freebies. Some people say nothing is free...I say some things are. Quite the refutation I know. ;) I thought about getting breakfast that day...I was too tired to do it.
Post a Comment