
Phil's birthday is December 27th. He's hated his birthdate for as long as I've known him. He feels like it's always skipped over or missed. People are too partied out from Christmas or they are out of town to be able to celebrate with him. Growing up, his family celebrated his half birthday in June. I've never been able to do that since then I feel obligated to give him two presents!So since he was turning 30 this year and we were going to be home, I decided to throw him a surprise party. I've never been good at keeping surprises from him but somehow I managed to keep him in the dark for this. I had help though...
*Thanks to Paula and her Mom for the amazing cake- Phil loves iPods and this is his iPod touch! An amazing cake- I would have never been able to pull it off...
*Due to his family visiting later in the week- I was able to make a sneaky trip to the store the night before and buy the necessary party food items and even consult him on it- since he thought it was all for them!

*Thanks to a wonderful home teaching family who convinced him to come at 4 instead of 2- so I would have time to set up for the party at 5! And get him to help clean the house before he left!
And thanks to Paula again... for coming early to help set up- for helping me organize-
He was thoroughly surprised-
4 comments:
i totally did a surprise 30th birthday party for my hubby too :)
Impressive planning. And those little icons are amazingly intricate!
That cake looks absolutely amazing! I can't believe that was made by scratch! I'm glad the party was a success... Thirtieth birthdays ARE something to celebrate!
Wow that is one amazing birthday cake! Happy late 30th Phil! I love that he is wearing his BYU-Idaho sweatshirt. Good times. : )
Post a Comment