Monday, December 14, 2009

Dean Phillip Savage


He's here!

It's been 2 weeks and 4 days. He was born November 26th (Thanksgiving Day) at 6:34 am! He was 7lbs which is bigger than his sister.

So the birth story! My doctor was very resistant to me going over my due date. Dean was due on Thanksgiving so when I went in for my doctor's appt on the Monday before we set up the induction for 8pm on Wednesday night. My doctor was surprised though because in one week I had dilated to a 3. I could tell that he had dropped down on Sunday (because I wasn't having heartburn anymore!) My doc didn't think I'd make it to Wednesday but I did... We dropped Ivy off at our home teachers house, went out to eat and got to the hospital. We found out when I got there that I was already dilated to a 4 so I didn't have very far to go!

We started the pitocin about 10 and by 3am I was at a 6. I decided by then to get the epidural- but unfortunately it only took on one side! By 5:30 we had it fixed but by then I was at a 10 and it was time to get going! My doc got there by 5:45- and we got all ready. I figured since I was numb to bring a mirror in- If you aren't grossed out by blood and what not I highly recommend it. It was fascinating to watch it and I think it really helped with pushing because I knew what I was doing! A half hour later we met our little guy!

He's been a delight to have! Everything seems easier with him than it was at the beginning with Ivy- probably because I've done this before. He sleeps better, nurses faster, spits up more but has less leaks than Ivy did. Ivy is having a blast being the big sister and LOVES her little brother.

We took TONS of pics of Dean and so I'm including the links to our web albums so you can see more pics!!

http://picasaweb.google.com/philandronnie/DeanPhillipSavage#
http://picasaweb.google.com/philandronnie/DeanSPicsFromAlicia#

Posted by Picasa

7 comments:

Parley and Anna said...

congratulations! he is so handsome! Hope you guys get some sleep! :)

Dave and Melissa Geddes said...

He is so precious! His birthday wont always be on Thanksgiving, but it will be fun when it is! Glad you are doing so well. You are a strong woman!

Stacey Jensen said...

He is a beautiful baby!! It is so incredible to see how big Ivy is. I miss you guys so much. Love you all.

Risa Stumm said...

Those "Bits of Bliss" photos are just precious!!!!! What a sweet looking baby... Congrats again-- I can't wait to see him in just a few weeks!

Ben said...

Congrats!! And those were definitely some interesting tidbits about the birth.

Jared and Kari said...

He is beautiful! Congratulations! I'm glad to hear that things are going smoother with the second one. A big difference between girls and boys...watch out during those diaper changes!! Enjoy your little man!

david and michal said...

what a fun addition to the family this time of year! congrats!!