One of our first stops was to see the Cape Meares Lighthouse. It's about an hour drive from Lincoln City, and is the shortest lighthouse in Oregon. It's fun becuase it's just a quick little walk to the top. You could see the ocean for miles- if it wasn't foggy- which it was. It was still beautiful.
After Cape Meares, we were off to the Tillamook Cheese Factory. This is one of the things that I really wanted to see. I love cheese. All different kinds... and I figured if I was going to Oregon then I should be able to see where this fancy cheese was made, so we did! It's a self guided tour, where you can see the different stages of the cheese being made. At the end of the tour we got to try a bunch of different cheeses, even Ivy. Ivy loves cheese.
Unbeknown to all of us when we arrived, Tillamook also makes ice cream. Luckily, I have a wonderful Dad who spoils all of his children with ice cream. Even his granddaughter. I wish I had gotten some good pictures of her eating ice cream.
2 comments:
Both I and my sister Jessica live in Portland. You definitely should move here if Phil will let you. I love love love living here. Tillamook has the BEST ice cream. I am glad you got some.
Emily Bush
Hey! I have been to Tillamook too!! I love you guys. Keep on blogging.
Post a Comment