
On

our way to Oregon we stopped at the
Lava Beds National Park in Northern California. Lava tubes are tunnels in the earth which lava ran thorough,

normally after a volcanic eruption. The lava drains out of the tubes and leaves these huge tunnels. Actually some of the tunnels are large enough to walk in, and some (which we didn't go in) are only big enough to crawl through. Because many of them have low ceilings some of my siblings wore hard hats.
It's absolutely amazing to see the tubes and to be able to walk through them.

Here's a picture of three of my brothers, Robert, me, Raymond and Ryan.
Here's a sunny shot of most of the family as we were leaving one of the caves. It was an ice cave where even in the month of August there was frozen ice in the bottom. It was fascinating how as we got deeper and deeper into the caves the temperature got colder and colder.
1 comment:
I didn't even know that you guys had a blog until I saw your comment on Tara's blog. Funny that you found hers on mine and I found yours on hers. Did that make sense? Anyways, your little girl is adorable and I will check out your blog now.
Post a Comment